The College of Allied Health and Nursing is a diverse and thriving learning community committed to preparing tomorrow’s health and wellness leaders through state-of-the art skills, critical thinking, ethical decision making, cultural competence and lifelong leadership development.
With a wide range of health, wellness, and interdisciplinary programs, our students have the opportunity get involved with special research initiatives, community service projects, and hands-on learning opportunities. Graduates become leaders in a broad range of health and wellness fields.
The College also serves the greater community and region through faculty-led initiatives and continuing education programs.
The College of Allied Health and Nursing is dedicated to educating individuals who promote wellness and improve the quality of life through teaching, scholarship, and service.
It is the vision of the College of Allied Health and Nursing to be recognized by stakeholders for providing exceptional educational programs.
The College of Allied Health and Nursing strives to:
1. Foster an active learning community that empowers critical thinking, ethical decision making, multicultural competence, global / international perspective, wellness, lifelong learning, and leadership skill development.
2. Provide innovative and accessible high-quality undergraduate and graduate educational programs and continuing education programs responsive to the needs of students and health service professionals.
3. Enhance the visibility of the college, its mission, vision, distinctiveness, and achievements to internal and external consultants.
4. Identify circles of excellence and areas of potential growth, and delineate a resources allocation and marketing plan.
5. Promote a healthy environment that values each member of the learning community and supports student, faculty, and staff professional development and participation in quality education, scholarship, research, and service opportunities.
- Academic excellence and applied research
- Cultural and ethnic diversity and inclusion
- Free and open dialogue and inquiry
- Transparent, clear and open communication
- Internal and external civility, collegiality, respect and collaboration
- Professional and personal ethics, respect and integrity
- Informed, reflective, value-based and ethical decision making