Based on a study of the students' own voices, outlined are responsive actions academic libraries can take to make Hispanic students feel more welcomed and comfortable. Since use of libraries is positively related to student retention, it is important that we understand our own students' experiences and recommendations.
- Invite resident hall staff to host library sessions
- Train and invite peer (other Hispanic students) tour guides for patrons
- Roaming reference service
- Bilingual brochures (separate ones for them and their parents)
- A poster that showed which staff have different languages
Clink, K. (2016, April 29). Hispanics in the Academic Library. Poster presented at ARLD Day, Chaska, Minnesota.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 4.0 License