by Ron Browne and David Kimori
Department of Elementary and Literacy Education
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Copyright © 2022
This is a practical text that provides the necessary specialized content and pedagogical knowledge, and materials in the science realm for effective instruction in the elementary classroom. This text will provide elementary preservice teachers with the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Identify concepts to be explored through scientific investigations, and then design and conduct investigations of those concepts, using appropriate scientific apparatus and mathematical tools to improve their investigations.
- Know and apply basic concepts in the physical, biological, and earth sciences.
- Know and apply appropriate pedagogies to foster inquiry in the elementary classroom
- Identify and mitigate their students’ science misconceptions.
- Understand and apply guidelines for proper procedures and safety practices while teaching science.
Ron Browne and David Kimori
Complete Digitized Text of Science Methods for Elementary Teachers by Ron Browne and David Kimori, Minnesota State University, Mankato, 2022.